Monday, July 13, 2009

Virginia


We have arrived in Virginia! Mel and I began our trek around 1:30, waving goodbye to my parents and dog- the quintessential road trip farewell. Our car is packed with plenty of room, and we're attempting to name her now. Right now its Roberta, Bertie for short.

In the picture above we're at a gas station in Southern PA right off I81. We both are getting pretty good at navigating the map and maneuvering the car. We snacked on dried fruits and nuts and drove straight to Ted's house. We arrived at about 10pm.

The whole time we listened to CDs from my old booklet, blasting Fiona Apple and various Saddle Creek artists. Its funny how you remember every word to songs you havent heard in almost 4 years, and old feelings from how you felt when you used to blast those tunes creep up in your chest. This trip is definitely going to be a nostalgic one.

Its beautiful here- the weather is warm, and the house is surrounded with trees. They have two gigantic dark dogs named Lexi and Sam, who are very intimidating late at night but are in fact giant teddybears. Ted's parents are wonderful and extremely hospitable. I couldnt be more happy. Later we're going to a Bikram yoga class with Ted's mother and then going to watch his soccer game. We've been promised a tour of UVA and could quite possibly head out to Richmond later this evening to have dinner with Eddie and Cathy. Its all up in the air!

I shall post more tomorrow or the next day and let you know how our adventure is taking off! Wednesday morning we leave for North Carolina to see Camila, and we have to be in Missouri by Sunday. Weeeeeeeee!

3 comments:

Amy-of-Oz said...

Court, sounds like you girls are off to a great start. Your mom mentioned a yoga assisted massage before you left, where did you get that? Stay safe & have fun.

Courtney said...

I left the card at home, I'll have mom find the info for you! It was amazing, incredibly relaxing and lengthening- I totally recommend it!

I'll send you postcards of the trip :)

Unknown said...

Did you end up going to a bikram class? I'm intriqued by it, but I simulatenously have no desire to go, and would love to hear about it. I know someone who went, but I want an opinion from someone who has done other forms of yoga.

ps. I'm totally stalking you & was feeling a bit strange about it, but then I realized that for almost two years I was able to stalk you from my home, so it's not so creepy to continue to do so...