Friday, July 24, 2009

Hit the wall...

And its begun, I'm beginning to feel overwhelmed.

The more we befriend people here, the more we get mixed up in its politics and gossip. Communal life is definitely frustrating, and I'm feeling it right now. There is virtually no space to be alone in, and people are very nosy.

I love gardening though. It feels good to work in the dirt and help plants grow food. Today we took care of some seedlings, weeded paths and rows, and harvested some garlic. When I'm in the garden, I'm totally there- my mind isn't wandering and I don't wish to be elsewhere.

The schedule we're on is nice for me though. We're both morning people, and have decided we aren't going to drink while at East Wind, so we go to bed with the sun and wake up with it as well. We get most of our work done early, after a long and relaxing breakfast, before the sun gets too hot. The morning is when I'm most efficient.

We're trying to stick through this. I'm anxious to get on our way to experience new things, and find comfort in simple things we're missing here. Like ice cream, or a flushing toilet, or deodorant. We have 8 more days, and I will try to enjoy them as best as I can.

Last night Melanie and I stayed up late making up simple songs. We probably wont be able to record them until we find another guitar [since I left mine at home :( ], but once we do I'll be sure to post them!

2 comments:

4th Grade Chickadees said...

oooooh commune. That sounds weird but cool and interesting! I definitely need deodorant, too :)

Anonymous said...

I was wondering (because I'm think ing of moving there, if accepted) do they have flushing toilets?