Friday, July 10, 2009

Did some math yesterday, and gas should cost us approximately $500 to get to Portland. Considering prices rise in the summer, it might cost a few hundred more, but I'm crossing my fingers that it should be cheap.

As of right now our first destination is Virgina, to see Mel's good friend Ted and my family's close friends, Eddie and Cathy. Ted lives in Charlottesville, VA and E&C are right outside of Richmond. It seems like there are awesomely cheesy tourist attractions around that area that I've been taking note of in my "America" tour guide.

After that its straight to Durham, NC! We'll be visiting Mel's friend Camila and attending a wedding down there. It should be a ton of fun, I'm very excited. It looks like there are a few state parks around the area, and Durham is where Duke University is, so there will be plenty to observe.

We have to be at our first farm in Missouri by July 19th. Its called East Wind Community, they have their own orchard, various gardens, a ranch and an Ozark forest they take care of. There are a number of other aspects of the community where we can offer our services. It seems that there is never a set mandatory time where we have to work, just a quota of hours that have to be filled throughout the two weeks we will be there. It should be quite an experience.
Here's the link to the website!
http://eastwind.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=29

Everything Sucks and WEEDHOUNDS tonight! Before hand I should be finishing up packing and then my father should be showing me how to successfully build a fire. I tried a few days ago and failed quite miserably. It was more fun dangerously swinging the hatchet around than actually doing what I was supposed to!

T minus 2 days.

No comments: