Sunday, August 2, 2009

WYOMING

In Wyoming now, leave for the farm tomorrow. Can't upload pictures for some reason, so check out our flickr!

flickr.com/ifshecan

We're right at Devils Tower, the US' first national monument. We can see it from our small campsite. Spent last 2 days in the Black Hills, which were absolutely beautiful. We fixed our tent with duct tape, I'm not sure it will hold up in strong winds again, but for now it suffices.

All of South Dakota is being swarmed by packs and packs of bikers, as it is the Sturgis Biker Rally this weekend. Had we known this, we would have never come. They're impossible to avoid, and their presence here has jacked up all the prices. They're like giant ants traveling in long trailing packs all over this area of the US.

I'll be glad to be on the farm tomorrow- I'm ready to work and learn some more. PLUS- we get our own bedrooms! Thats basically the greatest luxury I could imagine right now.

Oh, here's my twitpic of me and devil's tower:

No comments: