Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What a wonderful wonderful world.

I will never starve with a pandy by my side.

Today was a busy day, and I loved every moment of it. We started work today at 6:30, gathering greens for the Buffalo (not Sheridan, that's Friday) CSA, painting, and fixing the structures that the storm had toppled in the garden. After a wonderful snack Melanie and I continued painting, until we finally quit around 3. We cleaned around the house a bit and then around 5 Carol brought us home- telling us all about Broke Back Mountain and birds in Wyoming. It was a long day, but we get to sleep in tomorrow, we have work at 8:30!

I love it here- Mel cooks me food, keeps me hydrated and healthy. We're gonna watch a River Runs Through It and think about the lovely west we're living in!

I haven't felt terribly homesick, but I do miss my family and friends- its hard when you're so used to constant easy contact to change to a land where cell phones don't work and you only have 3 hours a night to relax. This is growing up, huh.

I'm learning so much, and get to eat fresh from the garden. I can't wait until I find a place to settle and can start growing food for me and my neighbors.

This is a ramble, I will write more elaborately later. Just know that I'm really happy!

1 comment:

melanie jane said...

yay, c, i love you! wake up, wake up!