Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Moving on

We've been in Portland for a few weeks now. Its a really lovely city, but I am not interested in settling down here. Like I mentioned before, I'm grateful that I'm here with my friends and am able to see the many reasons why people want to relocate here- I just simply can feel I'm not in the right place.

In addition, things have become strained here. I don't want to be a guest in others houses for much longer. Its a very tricky situation- how long should one stay? How should one contribute? And when personal space is desperately lacking, where do I go when I need alone time? The job market would prevent me from getting a well paying job easily, and I would therefore have to live off my friend's hospitality for longer than I'm comfortable doing. I would love to live with these boys forever, but in a space that was part mine.

For now, its off to Seattle tomorrow, then LA to see my brother on Friday. I'll be home in New York by the 9th of September. I hate to leave the road, but it seems this is one of my few options.

No comments: